THE LOMBARD COMPANY is a General Contracting and Construction Management firm. We specialize in the construction of commercial, retail, industrial and institutional facilities in the Chicago metropolitan area. It is our goal to have stable growth and increase our leadership position in the commercial, retail, industrial and institutional sectors.
All work related to preparation of accurate and competitive estimates for proposed construction projects.
Estimator duties will include:
- Examine drawings and specifications for job requirements, quantity take-off and pricing
- Take off concrete, carpentry and selective demolition as required
- Solicit bids from subs and suppliers. Set up scope checklists.
- Attend prebid meetings
- Examine site/existing conditions
- Compile estimate for review – allowing adequate time for review and finally for estimate wrap up and delivery
- Prepare bid documents/forms
Job Set Up:
- Assist with scope review of subs and suppliers
- Assist with determination of schedule, peculiarities of job, methods to perform work
- Assist with preparation of estimate for entering into job cost
- Assist in analysis of actual costs versus estimated
- Assist Project Manager in analysis of actual costs versus estimated
- Collect information on costs, productivity, etc. for use in preparing accurate estimates
- Maintain estimating program – coordinate with others using the estimating program to fine tune and upgrade the program
- Search out potential new subs, suppliers, methods, equipment, etc. for competitive advantages
Assist with Business Development:
- Help prepare conceptual estimates
- Attend meetings with owners for interviews, scope determinations, value engineering, etc.
- Suggest potential customers and leads
- 10 years of experience working for a general contractor with at least five years of experience as an estimator for a general contractor in the Chicagoland area.
- Construction, architectural or engineering degree is preferred.
This job description is not intended to limit a person to the items above. Creativity and aggressiveness will help you and the company. If you have a question as to overstepping the bounds of authority – ask.