Since our beginning in the 1960’s Lombard Architectural Precast Products Company (LAPPCO) has developed a reputation for producing precast concrete on-time and on-budget without compromising service or quality. LAPPCO’s team of engineers and precast experts are among the most highly respected in the industry. Many owners and architects consult with our precast staff in the earliest stages of planning to maximum design possibilities and cost efficiencies. You will experience a higher level of professionalism, performance and value when you select Lombard Architectural Precast Products Company.
Precast concrete has many advantages.
- Moldable into most any shape
- Endless variety of surface finishes and colors
- Load bearing capability
- Energy efficient
- Durable, with low maintenance
- Environmentally friendly
- Lower overall project costs
- Installs quickly
- All weather construction possible
- Incorporates or simulates other more expensive material
LAPPCO Wins PCI Award for Best K-12 School Building: Highland Park High School
The leaders of Highland Park High School outside of Chicago, IL knew they needed to replace the aging gymnasium and pool building, but the school had a limited budget and tight schedule. The sensible solution was to chose LAPPCO and Precast Concrete to get the job done.
Michael Dolter from Perkins+Will stated that LAPPCO and Precast Concrete “simplified the construction process, allowing construction to meet the delivery goals and the project budget.” Both buildings were erected over the winter in a matter of weeks, ensuring minimal disruption for the operating campus.
About The Project:
- Subtle 3-in. faceting of the panels creates an interplay of light and shadow that adds a sense of depth to the facade with minimal investment.
- A two-hour precast concrete firewall separates portions of the building.
- The gym project included 40 exterior faceted precast concrete panels and 12 single-story exterior ribbed precast concrete panels.
- The pool project used 15 exterior faceted precast concrete panels, 10 interior precast concrete firewall panels, and 8 precast concrete columns.
- The buildings were erected separately during the winter, and each building was completed in less than one month.